Join Our Team
Are you passionate about helping animals? Are you dedicated, hard-working and driven? LPCHS employees are committed to animal welfare and are always looking for compassionate and talented individuals to join our team.
Please submit the following when applying for a position within our organization.
- Letter of inquiry
- La Plata County Humane Society Shelter Application or Thrift Store Application to the contact below.
Liz Schenk, Assistant Director of Animal Services at 1111 S. Camino del Rio, Durango CO 81303
Candace Kane-Hedrick, Director of Thrift Store at 1111 S. Camino del Rio, Durango CO 81303
Travis Woehrel, Director of Animal Protection at 1111 S. Camino del Rio, Durango Co 81303
Kennel Technician – Full Time
This position requires the person be punctual, dedicated and customer service oriented. To work collaboratively with others to achieve a clean and sanitary environment for the animals. Treat animals humanely with love and concern, both on and off the job. Provide accurate information and friendly service to the public. Participate in team meetings with other team members to share ideas and suggestions designed to improve the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Feed, water, and care for shelter animals.
– Clean and disinfect inside and outside dog kennels, cattery and all other areas.
– Regularly observe animal for sign of sickness.
– Administer medication to animals when needed.
– Bath, grooming and walking animals as directed by a supervisor.
– Assist public with the adoptions.
– Assist volunteers when needed.
– Perform all janitorial duties assigned.
– Must be pleasant, courteous, and professional with public at all times, no matter how difficult the situation.
– Must be 18 years of age or older.
– Able to lift 50+ lbs.
– Able to handle and restrain animals in a humane manner.
– Ability to deal with the public tactfully and effectively. Customer service in a must!
– Learn and understand principles of animal welfare, LPCHS mission and the policies of the humane society.
– Gain knowledge of the various animal breeds and vaccination policies.
– Multi-task comfortably.
To be considered for the Kennel Technician position, please submit letter of inquiry, resume and shelter application to:
Marketing & Development Manager
La Plata County Humane Society (LPCHS) is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities in all areas of occupation without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, gender identity, genetic information, mental or physical disability, medical condition, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, or any other status protected by applicable state or local laws.