Join Our Team
Are you passionate about helping animals? Are you dedicated, hard-working and driven? LPCHS employees are committed to animal welfare and are always looking for compassionate and talented individuals to join our team.
Please submit the following when applying for a position within our organization.
- Letter of inquiry
- La Plata County Humane Society Shelter Application or Thrift Store Application to the contact below.
Liz Schenk, Assistant Director of Animal Services at 1111 S. Camino del Rio, Durango CO 81303
Candace Kane-Hedrick, Director of Thrift Store at 1111 S. Camino del Rio, Durango CO 81303
Travis Woehrel, Director of Animal Protection at 1111 S. Camino del Rio, Durango Co 81303
Thrift Store Assistant Manager
To support the Thrift Store Manager. The Assistant Manager will follow direction and report to the Thrift Store Manager any issues regarding employees and procedures.
– Retail and management experience
– Good written and verbal skills
– Competent in computer skills such as social media, digital sales, word processing and excel spreadsheets
– Possess ability to develop and maintain a working relationship with employees
– Ability to complete paperwork accurately in a timely manner, possess time management skills and work independently
– Organized and attention to details
– Weekends required Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Thrift Store Cashier Supervisor
Cashier Supervisor will oversee daily cash register procedures and accountability. Individual will also be tasked with other responsibilities on sales floor. Customer service is imperative. Please provide resume and/or detailed relative work experience.
Thrift Store Dock Associate
Full time associate to work at our donation center. Customer service is a must and ability to lift over 50lbs. Applications are available for pick-up at the front counter in the Thrift Store from 10am – 4pm daily.
La Plata County Humane Society (LPCHS) is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities in all areas of occupation without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, gender identity, genetic information, mental or physical disability, medical condition, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, or any other status protected by applicable state or local laws.