Anyone interested in being a volunteer must meet the following requirements:
- Volunteers under the age of 18 need to be supervised by a parent or staff member.
- All new volunteers must be members. Membership Form
- Stop by for a meet and greet, fill out an application and then attend a volunteer orientation.
- Present a current and legal form of ID
- Volunteers will be checked through our database to ensure there is no history of animal cruelty. Those who are interested in the Mobile Pet Program, Adoption Patrol and the Volunteer Mentor Program will be required to have a State of Colorado background check.
- Volunteers must follow the policies and procedures of the La Plata County Humane Society (this will be covered during the orientation)
- A positive attitude and a passion for animals is a must!
After you have signed up and attended a “Meet & Greet” you will be invited to a volunteer orientation. Volunteer orientations will be by appointment only and occur on a case by case basis. Sign up now for the Meet & Greet!
Do you have a community service requirement? What better place to get some hours than the LPC Humane Society?
For more information:
Please contact our Carolyn Bollinger or call (970) 259-2847 x.109